Aaron Lau is a tech entrepreneur and thought leader, a technology and marketing executive, who is well known for his work as Chairman & CEO of DDB Asia and as CEO of North America at Cheil Worldwide. He currently serves as founder and CEO of marketing solutions firm Gusto Collective.
Gusto Collective, which Aaron founded in 2020, is the leading brand technology group in Asia and has been recognised as “Forbes Asia 100 to Watch” 2022. Powered by technology, the company specialises in Web 3.0 marketing services, an augmented reality experience platform, a metahuman platform (MonoC), and luxury marketing services.
With a team of more than 170 and offices in Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore and London, Gusto Collective represents some of the world’s most celebrated luxury and premium brands clients include Harrods, Canada Goose, Swire Hotels, Estee Lauder Companies, CSL, DFI Retail Group, Tourism Australia and LVMH.
Before founding Gusto Collective, Aaron served as the President, International and CEO of North America at Cheil Worldwide (which is part of the Samsung Group) for seven years. He led the company's global business across 53 offices in 43 countries with a particular focus on North America and spearheaded its expansion into Web2 areas like SEO, social marketing and omni-channel commerce.
Before that, Aaron also founded and served as CEO of Bravo Asia Limited for over 6 years. There, he grew Bravo Asia to become a leading digital marketing business in Asia and worked alongside top-tier clients like Pepsi, New Balance, Three Mobile, and Moet Champagne. Ultimately, he sold the company to Cheil Worldwide.
Aaron's is a distinguished member in several advisory boards including the Shanghai Xu Hui District Mayor's International Advisory Board, and the Hong Kong Trade Development Council HK-China Business Council. He also serves on the board of Parsons School of Design, The Nature Conservancy's Asia Pacific Council, and The Design Trust.
Aaron Lau debuted into the world of entrepreneurship with Bravo Asia Limited which he established in 2006.
The company worked alongside top-tier clients like Pepsi, New Balance, Three Mobile, and Moet Champagne. It grew from a small scale to a team of 50 employees, scaling the sales to US$15m, and went on to become a leading digital marketing business.
In 2012, Bravo Asia Limited merged with Cheil Worldwide, a global marketing firm listed on the Korean Stock Exchange, and part of the Samsung Group in South Korea.
Aaron served as the President (International) and the CEO of North America region at Cheil Worldwide. During this tenure, he led the company's global business across 53 offices in 43 countries outside of its home market of South Korea for over a decade.
Before joining Cheil, Aaron was the Chairman & CEO of DDB Asia, where he led an integrated network of branding, advertising, and marketing specialists in 26 offices across 14 markets in Asia Pacific.
Aaron Lau's vision revolves around driving innovation, fostering creativity, and delivering transformative solutions within the marketing industry. With his extensive experience and expertise, Aaron aims to inspire organizations to think outside the box and explore new avenues for growth and success.
Aaron Lau aims to create meaningful connections and building strong partnerships between brands and consumers. He believes in the power of storytelling and leveraging data-driven insights to craft compelling narratives that resonate with audiences. His vision emphasizes the importance of authenticity, relevance, and customer-centricity in building lasting brand loyalty. By guiding businesses to align their marketing strategies with the changing needs and preferences of consumers, Aaron aims to create impactful experiences that drive engagement, enhance brand reputation, and ultimately contribute to the long-term success of his clients.
Recognition and Awards
- Gusto Collective founder Aaron Lau on business’ raison d’être l SCMP
- Aaron Lau, CEO & Founder, Gusto Collective, Hong Kong l PRovoke Media
- Cheil Worldwide appoints Aaron Lau as President of International l exchange4media
- Aaron Lau Tapped to Run Korea’s Cheil Worldwide l Branding in Asia
- CHEIL PROMOTES CHINA CHIEF AARON LAU TO PRESIDENT OF INTERNATIONAL l AdAge
- Cheil adds international remit to Aaron Lau's
Greater China role l Campaign
- METAHUMAN MONOC AT THE HONG KONG DIGITAL ART FAIR l Technode Global
- MonoC Digital art Fair l Gusto Collective
- Phillips to auction metahuman-made NFTs for Valentine’s Day l Forkast News
- Metahuman MonoC Conjures AI Creativity & Surrealist Vision l Australian Associated Press
- This ‘Metahuman’ Uses Data Generative Art to Completely Re-Imagine COVID-19 l Hypemoon
- HONG KONG BASED GUSTO COLLECTIVE COMPLETES SEED PLUS FINANCING ROUND OF 11 MILLION USD l Cision PR News
- Aaron Lau, CEO & Founder of Gusto Collective - The Metaverse, Metahumans and Creative Industries l Dinis Guarda YouTube Channel